Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Another day at the Hospital

Today was another long day. Gavin had to be NPO for a couple of hours. He went in for a CT scan with contrast.
 

They interrogatted his pacemaker to make his heart rate faster then slower. They drew some labs then started the contrast. Gavin was brave as usual. He actually enjoys the warm sensation (because of his circulation he is always cold!).  


Next up was femoral ultrasounds. They checked all his veins in his legs to rule out any blood clots. Gavin is prone to blood clots, which is why he is on Coumadin. 


Lastly, Gavin had a chest X-ray then we got to tour the ICU and stepdown floor. 



He did a great job today, laid still, didn't flinch when getting blood drawn, just doing his usual courageous stuff! 

Our plan is to come home tonight. With that being said, we ask that no visitors come over this weekend. As much as we would LOVE to see you all and let you give Gavin a hug, we just need to keep him well. His health right now is FIRST priority for us. There is so much sickness going around and we don't want to delay this surgery anymore. Hence the pic of the mask gang today, they did a good job of keeping away the germs! 


We will come back to KC on Sunday and gear up for more pre-op Monday and surgery Tuesday! 

I wanted to end with a song that was playing while we were getting ready this morning. Gavin and I started singing along. Fear you've got nothing on us. Gods got this! 

You paralyze me
You shut my eyes
When I'm trying to find some hope
You are a prison
You're on a mission
To keep me from where I should go
Oh, I've had enough of your scheming
I'll be leaving
Oh, I hope you know your end is near
O, fear, you'll never keep me here
I hear freedom calling
I feel my chest falling
I see Jesus coming
You'll never keep me here
I know my God is near
I know my God is near
You were the lock
And you tried to stop me
But now I hold the key
The door is open
And I'm finally breathing
I'll be leaving
Oh, you held me for so many years
O, fear, you'll never keep me here
I hear freedom calling
I feel my chest falling
I see Jesus coming
You'll never keep me here
I know my God is near
I know my God is near
These are the moments
I feel courageous
God is with me
I can face this
These are the moments
I feel courageous
God is with me
I can face this
I hear freedom calling
I feel my chest falling
I see Jesus coming
You'll never keep me here
I know my God is near
I know my God is near
O, fear, my God is near

-Moriah Peters "Oh fear, my God is near"

No comments:

Post a Comment