Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Gavin! Gavin! Gavin!

I have so many alerts on my phone I don't know where to start. Thank you all for reaching out to us and praying for our boy. One day I will get through each of your encouraging words!

Currently this is my view. 
My sweet boy is in a "coma", getting the rest his body needs. It's been a tough day for him. He's been worked over hard. The main reason he is ventilated and sedated right now is to get his neck swelling down. He formed a hematoma after loosing some blood after the line was pulled out. His neck is pretty swollen but I think it's looking better. He was very pale and clammy when we first saw him in the ICU. I am happy to report his color is much better now! 

He started moving a lot earlier, so they gave him more sedation so he would not pull out any tubes. During this process I leaned up against him and said I love you buddy. He mouthed back through the vent "I love you." Precious, precious boy!

Specific prayers: that Gavin continues to get rest. That his neck swelling decreases and that he can be extubated in the morning. If all of this happens we will get to move out of ICU and into step down. If he continues to do well we will hopefully be home Christmas Eve or day to enjoy at home!! We will talk more with our surgeon this weekend. Gavin definitely needs open heart surgery. They tried so, so hard today to make the cath work. And we're so thankful for the teams incredible effort. We know Gavins surgery will take place in KC, and hopefully we will have a date set this weekend! 

About my post title... Gavin was fist pumping and chanting "Gavin, Gavin, Gavin" down the hall this morning and into the cath lab with his nurses and family chanting a long. So again tonight we're all chanting "Gavin, Gavin, Gavin!" You got this buddy. Gods got this! You keep fighting, keep throwing your stone. We're so proud of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment