Saturday, August 27, 2016

HOME

We made it home last night and crashed in our beds. Yesterday was such an emotional day for us. I think with confirming the news of what we feared was going on, just broke our hearts. More than anything I am sad for Gavin that he has to walk this long, bumpy road. But everytime I get down, he does something to make me smile. 

Today has been a GREAT day!! One of the precious moms on the 4th grade team periscoped the game this morning so Gavin could "coach" the team from the bed. He got so anxious that he had to move to a chair right up against the TV.
He was able to send comments and hearts to show love to the team. He wore his jersey and bit his nails with anticipation. Like I've said before he takes his role seriously. The thing that made me break down in tears was the helmets the boys wore today. One of the dads, Johnie and the moms, Sharolyn made "Gavin helmet stickers" for the game. 
It just makes me cry looking at it again! What amazing kids and parents. After the game Coach Steven brought over the winning game ball for Gavin. More tears! 
My sweet grandmother stayed with Gavin today so I could watch little man play. His team won 30-0 with Brody scoring twice! 
All of Gavins films will be overnighted to Kansas City on Monday. Hopefully we will hear from them next week on a plan. We will keep you all updated! 

Thank you again to everyone that has supported us this last week. Don't know how we could have done it with out you! And thanks to Traci for starting a meal train, what a HUGE blessing! 

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment