Wednesday, August 17, 2016

'Twas the night before 4th & 1st grade...

Tomorrow this guy will be in the FIRST GRADE! 

My sweet, fun loving, feisty Brody. From the moment I found out we were expecting you, we just started laughing and since you've been born we haven't stopped. We thought God had a funny sense of humor giving us another baby in the midst of caring for a very sick 2 year old. But you know what, it was the absolute PERFECT plan!! You were the absolute best addition to our family. From a young age, you were full of personality and character. You bring us so much joy and happiness. I don't think a day goes by where you don't make one of us laugh until we cry. I love you Brody Man, I can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year. You keep shining bright, keep being a leader and keep up the laughter! I love you so much!

And then there's my fourth grader...
It wasn't that long ago that I was sitting in a hospital room, begging God to not take you. I wasn't ready, I had so many plans for my little guy. He was going to say his first words, walk, run, laugh, cry, be happy, get mad, go to kindergarten, graduate high school, go to college, get married and give me some grand babies. Even if he didn't do all the "plans" I had for him, I still prayed he would live a LONG, fulfilling, happy life. Every scary moment, every heart breaking situation, God has stepped in and said "keep fighting Gavin, I have great plans for you."   Tonight part of Gavins class bingo assignment was to write down a favorite quote. Gavin picked his own quote that he frequently says to himself "just keep fighting." And he does it, every single day. 

Here we are, his LAST year of elementary. What a bittersweet moment. Gavin my prayer for you is to never get discouraged, (Joshua 10:25) the Lord will always fight for you, (Joshua 23:10) and you keep fighting too! I love you G!

No comments:

Post a Comment