Thursday, August 1, 2013

Can you page the nurse?

Gavin is an awesome patient. He always has been. He never complains, and does exactly what they ask of him. Tonight he's had to lay completely flat and keep his leg still for at least 4 hours. He finally turned to me (after no complaining) and said "mom can you page the nurse?" I asked him why, and he said "I need to ask her if its time to walk yet!" So we walked two times around the nurses station and he talked my ear off the entire time. I just love him and his sweet, talkative personality. Now he is resting peacefully. 


Several have asked how he is doing. He is great! He experienced some blurry vision in post op, but that seems to be gone now. And this is the first time in almost 7 years, post anesthesia he hasn't thrown up. Woo hoo!! He is eating and drinking like a trooper. Of course, he's had nothing to eat or drink all day. He did a great job of not complaining, even though his cath was delayed by 3 hours! 

Tonight he took all of his meds and we survived his first lovenox injection. He said he "almost cried." I thought to myself, me too buddy, me too! But we made it through and I think we will do just fine with it at home! 

Thank you again to everyone that has checked on us and prayed for Gavin! We hope to go home tomorrow after his dose of IV antibiotics. Sweet dreams! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy everything went well and pray you guys are heading home today! Please give Gavin a big hug for me!

    ReplyDelete