Friday, August 2, 2013

My Superhero


I love this little quote. It always makes me think of G and all the kiddos out there that go through so much. Speaking of, a young lady came up to visit with us during Gavin's procedure. She was born with HRHS. We got into a discussion about scars and how it affects the children. Gavin goes in spurts of embracing his scars and hating his scars. Recently, he told us how it's ugly and he doesn't like it. The young lady has a tattoo on her arm that says, "His scars cover mine." How cool is that? I can't wait to share that with Gavin, to help him when he struggles with the appearance of his chest. 

If you're wondering, we are still at the hospital. Waiting on Gavin's IV antibiotics to finish. Waiting on Walgreens to bring the injections for the week and waiting on discharge papers. We will go home at some point this evening! 

        My precious boy, sleeping away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment