Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thy Will

It's been so nice to be home, in our own beds without the distractions. Wednesday afternoon Gavin had an ultrasound at the hospital after I voiced my concern for his facial puffiness. A couple of hours later we got word Gavin had a small blood clot (again) that would require medicinal treatment. We were told we would have to stay another night. Thankfully the doctors came up with a different plan. They decided we could go home, do medicine and labs there. Friday, Gavin had labs and got a flu shot. We got word that afternoon his INR level was low, so we have increased meds over the weekend and will go in tomorrow for more labs.

Friday I went to school and watched Brody in his Veterans Day Program. 

 

After, my sister and I met with Gavins teacher to go over school work. My sister (a certified 4th grade teacher) will be taking over homeschooling Gavin until he can go back to school. It's such a blessing to have my sister step in and help us while Gavin is home bound. I decided to clean out Gavins locker while I was there, I opened the door and tears filled my eyes. God's little reminders that He is in control. 

 

Friday night my mama kept the boys so Adam and I could have a night to be with our friends. It was great to have a night of laughter. We're blessed with some amazing people in our life. We have so many friends that have called & text us to ask how they can help. We're so appreciate of them all!! 

Saturday we had a restful day. Gavins cousin Carson spent the day with us, while Brody went to hang out with his cousin Cayden. We enjoyed playing games and watching movies. It was nice to have a little change up and keep Gavin entertained. 

 

This last year has been a doozy. However, through it all God shows up and gives us little reassurances. One is that we have come full circle with one of our favorite NICU nurses, Carmen. Carmen was the first person to give Gavin his signature Mohawk. Most importantly, she loved my baby when I couldn't be there with him. She was there for me to lean on, a shoulder to cry on. I remember thinking this lady is remarkable! She worked the night shift and had a young daughter at home, each night she would call her, read and sing to her over the phone before bedtime. I remember thinking, I want to be a mom like her, I want to be a nurse like her. Once we left the NICU and eventually the hospital, we promised to stay in touch. Every appointment, every hospitalization we would text and she would come up to take a picture with Gavin. We now have ten years worth of pictures of Gavin and Carmen. 

 

Carmen has furthered her education and became a nurse practioner. She is now certified to work with pediatric patients. My heart felt a huge sense of relief once I found out she would become a part of Gavins current team. This lady has been there for the hardest days of my life, and now she will walk me through a new, even harder journey. It gives me chills to see how God has worked out every single detail.

Today my sweet mother offered to keep Gavin so we could attend worship. Our series right now is titled "The Fight." The last two weeks have been about "Worry, Worship & Warfare." It couldn't be a more timely lesson(s) for me. Brother Mitch talked about how we should deliver our troubles and trials to the hands of the Lord and how God's time is not always our time. I can't count how many times a doctor has said "be patient, in Gavins time, in Gavins time." But the bigger picture is God's timing. He has a plan for us far beyond our imagination. And just like the story about our favorite nurse, God works out every single detail of our life. 

Even though my heart is breaking, I will trust His will. 

I'm so confused
I know I heard you loud and clear
So, I followed through
Somehow I ended up here

I don't wanna think
I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray
All I got is hurt and these four words

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

I know you're good
But this don't feel good right now 
And I know you think
Of things I could never think about

It's hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense
Of all your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that you're God
And I am not
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will

I know you see me
I know you hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store

I know you hear me
I know you see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

Like a child on my knees
All that comes to me is 
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

I know you see me 
I know you hear me, Lord

Thy Will -Hillary Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment